Little things can mean a lot



Curling up beneath a blanket warm.
On a rain lashed night.
Watching a film in black and white.

Coming in exhausted, kicking off shoes.
Falling back into the chair.
As someone else hands you a cup of tea.

A parcel at the door, quickly unwrapped.
The feel of a new book in your hand.
The time to sit and enjoy.

A brand new note book.
Still clean and bright.
Awaiting stories you will write.

Small indulgences these.
But oh what joy they bring.
Little things can mean a lot.


 Inspired by Magaly Guerrero and her prompts for Aprils NaPoWriMo 2015.

3rd of April 2015
Indulgences
Craft a poem about spoiling your Self or the Self of another. Let decadence run wild.

Comments

  1. Yes, they can! My Piano Man and I make the act of opening a new book into a ritual... full of smiles and giggles.

    Love the gentleness of this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they can! My Piano Man and I make the act of opening a new book into a ritual... full of smiles and giggles.

    Love the gentleness of this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think if we lose the ability to cherish the little pleasures, we die a bit inside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the little indulgences you chose. Sweet and endearing in the selection. *nod*

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are too safe, too predictable. I feel like I'm missing the sneaks to the freezer at 2AM after you've just finished 3 hours of steady editing on a story that will never see the light of day. The fumbling around for the spoon that finally gets forsaken for the icy chill of a finger dip of Ben and Jerry's. Or...maybe that's just me. Seriously, this seems too safe to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the fact they are safe and predictable that can make them indulgences. When the world starts feeling like it's spinning out of control a little cocoon of safety and predictable comfort can be the best indulgence of all.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment, it's kind of you and I really appreciate it.

Popular Posts